Monday, July 1, 2013

Menu Plan Monday



Hello,

Thought I would jump on board this week for Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.  I have been meal planning for quite some time now as it takes the guess out of whats for dinner and with a hectic life and picky eaters it is a blessing.  I must confess though...it can take me quite some time as I have way too many recipes and always want to try something new...some weeks, I would just like to serve cereal for dinner every night (is that a bad thing?)

So here it goes...we are trying out some new pinterest recipes this week:

Family Dinners

SundayChicken Bruschetta Paninis with waffle fries / bruschetta salad (this is a regular on our menu...yummy!)

Monday:  Burgers & Chips / carrot sticks

TuesdayGrilled Chicken with lemon, capers & oregano with baked potatoes / cucumber and olive salad (new to us)

Wednesday:  Homemade pizza / stuffed portabellas

ThursdayBacon Wrapped Smoke Gouda Stuffed Chicken with rice pilaf and Smoky Haricot Verts (green beans) and mushrooms (the chicken is new to us...the green beans are delicious)

Friday:  Free for all / leftovers....mom's night off

Saturday:  Fireworks picnic at the lake...not too sure what I am bringing yet.

Side Note:  For the most part, my family (with the exception of my daughter) claims they are allergic to vegetables, and I don't eat carbs or sugar...just meat and veggies, so I get a bit creative with dinners sometimes.  I won't cook 2 meals at dinner EVER...I cook it, you eat it...but I do tend to cook meals that everyone will/can eat (they are getting better about a little bit of veggies) and I just make a veggie for myself (and little tweaks like leaving out sugar and flour).  If you see anything with bread, I tweak the recipe for me.  On Pizza night, I either make mine on a chicken crust or usually stuff a portabella with my toppings.  I also plan my breakfasts and lunches which makes it easier for me to eat right and frankly remember to eat at all sometimes.  I like to mix up my food so I plan 3 lunches and 3 breakfasts and just repeat on or two that week.  My husband takes a lunch to work (sandwich or leftovers) and the kids are old enough to make their own breakfast/lunch during the summer.

Breakfast:

Baked Tomato & Egg with bacon
Paleo Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast Salad (with Spinach)

Lunch:

Egg Salad with green olives, onions & dijon (no pita) with ham rolls
Lettuce Wraps and carrot sticks
Chopped Chicken Salad

I am working on a post about my weight loss / getting healthy journey if you are interested in learning more about how and why I eat the way I do.

Enjoy - Tracy


3 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

you just gave me some ideas! thank you!

Laurin said...

I am definitely going to try the breakfast burrito! I need a new dish for the morning!

Kimberly Kett said...

Sounds Yummy! I`m in for some burger and chips ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails