Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Invasion of the Clutter Bugs!

Have you ever noticed that clutter seems to multiply? I mean, it isn't that I keep adding to the piles (no I wouldn't do that), they mysteriously grow...right under my eyes. It isn't only the one little pile that I "will get to later", soon that one is a mountain with another peak forming right along side it, with a competing mountain range across the room and yet another (or four) in the next room. Is it too much to ask to just be able to enjoy being in my home? To sit down for dinner without cleaning off the table? To watch t.v. without moving mountains of laundry or the entire re-enactment of Indian Jones movies in lego form? Well, I guess so.

I have read books, many books, magazine articles, blog posts, etc about getting rid of or at least controlling clutter. Honestly, for every method I put in place, the clutter seems to come back - double, even triple, it's original size! I just can't win.

So....I am not perfect - there, I said it, I am not. I am not going to strive for perfection - because I am too inpatient and perfection is too far off. I want the perfect house (at least perfect to me), beautifully decorated, impeccably clean, organized and comfortable. A place everyone can relax, but still be able to find things and have a sane mother/wife. So...to me, that goal is perfection. Instead I am going to settle for the road to my definition of perfect, I am going to tackle one pile at a time, one corner at a time, one task at a time, one room at a time, and maybe, just maybe I can redefine my level of perfection and reach a place where I am happy.

So I will settle for clean (not impeccably, but clean), organized and clutter free...which will lead to happiness, comfort and sanity! The beautifully decorated, well that will be one room at a time because some major overhauls need to be done in some areas of the house - but I can work with what we have until we can afford to have the professionals called in - although if I don't get rid of this clutter fast we will be calling in a whole other kind of professional.

So off to tackle today's chaos - the mudroom and then one pile...just one.

Go out a try to have a stress free day!

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails