Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Officially NOT New Year's Resolutions....

Warning...long, long, long post!

Eek! Was my last post seriously December 3rd? I can't believe I have been silent so long...but the whirlwind of the Christmas season swept me off my feet and literally pulled me under. I was up to my ears in shopping, baking, decorating, wrapping, visiting and enjoying this glorious season.

So this being December 29th, I guess if I post some of my upcoming goals, they cannot be considered New Year's Resolutions. The mere fact that I am starting on them now also qualifies them as officially NOT New Year's Resolutions. Not to mention that these were the same goals that I committed myself to in the beginning of 2009....so, doing it at the end of 2009 just means I am keeping the momentum going (or re-starting!)

Anywhoo...last year I posted 16 goals. Things I really wanted to work on during the year, things to accomplish to make my life happier, simpler and more meaningful. Most of them fizzled quickly, some received a bit of tweaking, but this time around I am committed and will update here weekly just to keep me on track. Here are the goals from 2009:

Loose (and keep off) the weight - lost a little, but basically the same 5 lbs all year.
Finish the house (decorating and updating that is) - Big fat nope, but did get a new room due to the great roof collapse of 2009!
Get organized - Double big fat nope, but my piles are at least a bit more organized
Keep a clean(er) house (one I can relax in & be proud of) - started, stopped, and failed at this
Enjoy everyday, record the memories & take pleasure in the little things - improved
Focus on family - improved
Get rid of the clutter (ok, that goes with cleaning & organizing...but trust me, it needs its own bullet) - LMAO! Did I really write that?
Credit cards are for emergencies...CASH only! - Accomplished this! Yeah.
Be a better mom & wife - think I improved, most of the time...still need some work
Pay down some debt (long term...debt free by 2011) - Under control
Breathe...don't yell! Umm...yeah
Complete 100 layouts in 2009... not even close
Be happy with me... getting better
Let it go....RELAX!... ditto
Project 365 (1 picture a day)...if only I knew how to work my camera
Work CTMH smarter...not harder...accomplished

So with 2009 almost behind us and most of my goals in progress or failed, 2010 will be a continuation of the old and a fresh start of these goals that I truly feel will improve my well being (and consequently those around me). Here is my master list of the 14 goals I would like to focus on going forward....

Loose (and keep off) the weight (this is the year!)
Finish the house (decorating and updating that is)
Get organized
Keep a clean(er) house (one I can relax in & be proud of)
Enjoy everyday, record the memories & take pleasure in the little things
Focus on family
Get rid of the clutter (ok, that goes with cleaning & organizing...but trust me, it needs its own bullet)
Be a better mom & wife
Continue paying off debt and using Cash only!
Breathe...don't yell!
Complete 100 layouts in 2009
Be happy with me
Let it go....RELAX!
Project 365 (1 picture a day)

So bear with me as I will be using my blog to keep me on track this year. Look for little updates here and there, mixed in with the usual ramblings (and more of them). I also have a few little surprises coming up including some blog candy and a week long showcase of Unity Stamps the first week of February.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a safe and happy New Year.

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails