Monday, March 29, 2010

You're a Star...

Happy rainy Monday to you all!
I don't know about you, but it is raining cats & dogs in my little corner of Massachusetts today. The rivers are swelled and more rain is expected through Wednesday morning. When it rains hard the drain in my driveway can't keep up and we have our own little waterfront property. I have sat out on the porch after a hard rain in the Summer with a drink in hand and just pretended...I know, pretty silly but when you can only dream you need to improvise. It makes it fun for the kids though to splash around and float toy boats in.

On to other matters...My craft room is clean and since I can finally see my work space I have started scrapping again...yeah! I didn't realize how much I missed the creative outlet until I sat down, popped in a good movie and began creating Saturday afternoon. The kids joined me for a movie on Sunday afternoon and I scrapped away. This is a good thing. Not only am I completing pages, getting some creative therapy in & spending time with the kiddos, I am also using up the piles & piles of paper and embellishments I have collected (and not used!). I am a hoarder. So afraid to use paper because what if I need it somewhere else...duh, isn't that why I bought it in the first place? So I started using it. There are some wonderfully beautiful papers on the market right now that I am itching to get my fingers on, but my plan is to use up at least 1/2 of what I have before I start collecting more.

I have a layout calling my name but I want to share this one I completed this weekend with you. The initial sketch for the first page came from a layout by Lisa Dorsey (found in CK Feb '10). I adopted her layout and changed it up a bit to make it my own. The second page I winged and loved how it came out. With the concept of using up what I have on hand I ended up pulling out some retired CTMH paper that fit perfectly with the colors and theme of the layout.


Sorry about the pics but it has been so long since I posted a layout I was having issues remembering how I positioned them to get in nice and close. I will have another to share in a bit and will make sure I resolve my issues!

Have a great evening,

Tracy

{showcase of stars} materials:
Stamps: True Friends (CTMH), Vintage USA (CTMH)
Paper: Independence Lvl 2 (CTMH, retired)
Ink: Outdoor Denim, Holiday Red (CTMH)
Embellisments: Independence My Stickease (CTMh, ret); sparkles, hemp, buttons

1 comment:

Pamela OConnor said...

What a fabulous layout! Feel so good to have a clean scrapbook room, doesn't it? I've been working hard on my the past week. Have fun creating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails