Friday, September 3, 2010

What I have learned

The kids went back to school this week and I had grand plans to get my house in order.  I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish each day.  I spent all day Monday cleaning and got a whole bunch of laundry put away, my bedroom in liveable shape (it was the laundry dumping ground) and J's room almost cleaned...that took almost 4 hours in itself!  Then, well, nothing.  I had great intentions and I did cross off a few things, but nothing that made a dent in what I wanted to get done, just the normal everyday tasks (like bill paying).  Why?  Well here is what I learned:

I spend way too much time engrossed in other people's lives via the wonderful world of blogging.

I am addicted...seriously. 

I have wonderful intentions of just checking in on the few (well handful) of blogs that I love,  but then, when they have linky parties I have to check out the other blogs and before you know it I have 100 windows open and I am totally engrossed.  drawn in. obsessed.  HELP!

I do have to admit though that there are some amazing women out there!  Some are great moms, great people, fabulous decoraters, survivors, crafty goddesses and some super stylish dressers...the list goes on and on.  I do have a purpose in all this obsessiveness.  I am trying very hard to make my house a home, to find my style, and to do it on a very small budget.  That is where the land of blogs is great...I have found so many wonderful ideas and can't wait to try them out....when I can actually get off the computer and focus on what I set out to do.

What else have I learned?

I am not alone, there are many other women out there just like me.  I know because there are at least 4 blogs I read on a daily basis that are written as if I am sharing my thoughts, views, stories and craziness.

Eventhough sometimes I don't think so, I am a good mom.  There are many of the moms in the blogging world that I look up to that have the same views, theories and challenges that I face and they deal with them in quite the same way I do.  Plus as I write this post, I have my snugglebug cuddled up beside me in my bed.

I can't decorate to save my life (but I can copy other people, so I think that is a start)

Spray paint can fix anything

That I seriously lack fashion sense (I will get into that on Wednesday's post)

That I am not the only crazy, over extended, do too much, don't have enough time for my kids mom out there....and I am also not the only one who is trying to change that (it is all in the attitude my friend!)

That I am unique, I am special, I can make a difference and I need to find and be me.

That there is an amazing support structure of women around the world that I can connect to from my own home, who I have never met, but through their stories and adventures I can feel as if I have known them my entire life.

That I spend too much time reading blogs about what I want to do than doing it.  I can't say I will change that, but I do need to control it....starting Tuesday, I am taking the weekend to just be with my family and enjoy a semi free weekend together.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Tracy

1 comment:

Jennibell said...

Have you checked out Rachel Anne at Home Sanctuary? (I know, I know *another* blog!) But she is great at challenging us to do *little* things to make our house a sanctuary for our family every day. There's a link on my sidebar if you're interested. . .I can't seem to get it to load right this instant to provide the link.
It's nice to know you're not alone, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails