Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spring into Summer

Phew!  What a crazy few months it has been.  So many things I have wanted to share but finding time to sit down and blog wasn't happening.  So here is a quick recap...more on a few of these later:

  • JT finished up his first year of Little League and to say he loved it is an understatement.  He really improved from the beginning of the season to the end and is looking forward to next year.  It was such a pleasure watching his progress and his true love of the game.  He was even interested in watching the Red Sox with Bob towards the end of the season and chipped in with commentary now and then.
  • JT also finished up cub scouts for the season.  What a whirl wind year this was.  In 3 short months we joined cub scouts and earned both the Bobcat and Bear badges.  He crossed over to Webelo I at the beginning of June. 
  • June also brought end of school year activities for Kelsey (and of course JT).  End of Elementary School years (sigh).  My thoughts on this in another post.  But we enjoyed band concerts, Fifth grade celebrations, special field trips, and so much more.
  • We welcomed a new member into our family.  After losing our yellow lab to cancer over a year ago, we decided it was time for another furry friend. May I proudly introduce Sara Faye...more on her in a future post.
  • Summer break officially started Monday at noon.  Jt had a friend over for the afternoon and Kelsey went to a pool party and then had 3 friends sleep over Monday night (yes, I am sane...honest). 
  • This week is unwind and clean up week.  I have decided that I can not fully enjoy my 10 short weeks with my children if I don't get this house in shape...so I am purging, cleaning, organizing, catching up on filing, laundry, etc. etc.  I also plan on making a schedule for the summer (which will include lots of flexibility).  We need to fit in summer work (math packets and reading for both kids), a few projects for me, keeping the house orderly, and lots of fun and some restful periods of downtime.  I live by my schedule during the school year and need to have something to go by during the summer.
  • I have been busy scrapping...I have some exciting news coming up but I can't share just yet...stay tuned for more on this later.  I also have a few other scrappy projects I have been working on that I would love to share.
While most bloggers wind down for the summer, I am going to attempt to be a bit more consistent.  While I won't be posting everyday (not that I ever did anyway) I am striving for 3 posts a week to catch you up on crafty stuff, house projects and summer fun.

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails