Friday, June 24, 2011

Ten Tasks in Ten Days Challenge


Ten Tasks

I have decided to take the plunge and join Cha Cha's challenge of completing ten tasks in ten days.  I have a project list a mile long (seriously, it fills up every line...both sides...of a piece of notebook paper) and that is just scratching the surface (read only the things I want to do in 2011).  Although I have the best intentions, I haven't really buckled down and started in on the project list (although I may have added to it on more than one occasion)...guilty!

For this challenge I mixed up some items from the Project List and some items on my weekly goal list (things I really need to do...but weekly goals sounds so much better).  I picked ten that I was pretty confident I could actually do in 10 days, with the exception of #10...that won't be finished but continuing where I left off weeks ago would be nice.  It is the little things that I need to get out of the way in order to get to the big stuff.

So here is my Ten Tasks in Ten Days list:

Purge email

Pull together & print Project Life Pictures

Front porch - clean up...make welcoming


Weed flower beds & plant azalea's and hydrangeas

Back Patio - clean up and get summer ready  (warning:  below picture is SCARY!)


coupons - I really don't think I am saving money with them in a 2" (and growing) pile


put away miscellaneous crap-o-la (read...Christmas decor on top of dining room cabinet, hamster cages in bath tub...yikes!)

clean out mini van...vacuum, steam clean, and disinfect (maybe quarantine too!)

clean master bedroom (purge my closet & drawers and beg hubby to do the same)

continue working on kitchen...perhaps finish priming the trim?

I actually LOVE this idea which is why I am participating.  Focusing on 10 individual taks in 10 days doesn't feel like you have all that pressure on you to accomplish 5 bajillion things in one day (on top of all of your other responsibilities).  Breaking it down like this...I know I can do it and finally start crossing things off my list.  Who knows, maybe I will do this twice a month or so and focus on the larger, more time consuming projects in between!

2 comments:

Laurin said...

What a great idea to focus on ten things at a time! I might join you! Good luck!

Charity said...

I am cracking up--BEST LIST SO FAR. Hamster cage in tub, Christmas decor, and van cleaning make me feel at home. Good luck on your list.

Have fun crossing things off you list this week,

Cha Cha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails