Thursday, July 2, 2009

2.6 Down and Counting!

So last week I posted that I wasn't sure how my weigh in was going to turn out on Saturday, but lo and behold I stepped on that scale 2.6 lbs lighter (18.4 total)! It is amazing how a loss can change your attitude immensely...I went shopping, yep, I did. I have not bought new clothes in, oh I don't know, years. Sure I have picked up a shirt or a pair of jeans, but never more than 1 or 2 things - just to get me through. My summer wardrobe was seriously limited to 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of capris...plus about 7 shirts, most of which were stained or ripped. Seriously, I felt really bad when I went out and was really self conscious all the time. So after my successful weigh in, I went over to Kohl's which always has great sales and is in the same plaza as my WW center and I went shopping. I really only went in for some new workout clothes and 1 or 2 pairs of shorts...but I walked out with so much more. Not only do I have some more clothes to carry me through the summer in style - I have a new attitude and outlook on this weight loss thing. Yep, I do still have the guilt that prevented me from buying anything in the first place...you know the we only have so much money to spend why waste it on clothes that won't fit me next year...guilt? But, I feel SO much better about myself and I think that is what really counts.

Looking back - really I don't know what was different about this week that gave me that great loss. I expected one the week before and had a gain, so really maybe everything just works out eventually. I know I was right on target for the most part last week, so it goes to show that if you follow the program faithfully (not with your own rules) it does work. So that is what I am doing know...no cheating myself, and I hope to be at goal and shopping for a whole new wardrobe soon.

There will be no weigh in this weekend because it is the 4th - but I plan on stepping on that scale on the 11th even lighter but maybe this time I should celebrate with a smoothie when I get home instead of a shopping trip (oh - until I hit goal - then look out Mall - here I come!)

Don't forget it is Hip Hop Thursday over at Unity - I am filled up with inspiration and ideas and off to my studio for some me time while the kids play at the neighbors!

Tootles -
Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails