Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just another part of life

hey there ~

No crafty stuff to share today, I am up to my eyeballs in projects that I haven't been able to sit down and relax, never mind enjoy the therapeutic release I get when I am in my scrap room {sigh}. It is Wednesday though and my plan was to bring you another edition of Weight Watchers Wednesday, and in the meantime update you on the rest of the chaos currently encompassing my already hectic life, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, as I have something else to share.

On a sad note, I have to share that we lost a dear family member on Monday morning. This is the first time I have been able to sit down and write about it without tears streaming down my face (although in those quiet moments, when no one is looking...oh yeah, they flow). Sammy, our 12 year old yellow lab lost his courageous battle with bone cancer. We knew it was coming, but he was diagnosed in September 2009 and we were told he probably wouldn't make it til Christmas, so having held on this long, one puts the thought out of their mind.

I was aware that something was wrong early Monday morning and was thankful that I prepared the kids that it would probably happen soon before they left for school, they were able to spend some alone time with him in the morning. Shortly after I came back from bringing them to the bus stop things rapidly went downhill and I gave him as much comfort as I could while waiting for my husband to come home and get him to the vet.

Sammy has been with us since he was a puppy and both kids don't know anything but having Sammy in their lives. He was my faithful companion during the day for the past 5 years that I have been fortunate to be home and although he slept alot during the day, it was a comfort knowing he was either at my feet or just in the other room.

Sammy will never be forgotten and always an important part of our lives. When I am up to it, I am already envisioning the layout to honor our dear friend, so I will share it when it is complete.

Whew...that felt good to get out, and I had planned to update you on everything else, but I think I will save that for another post tomorrow....so until then,

have a wonderful day,

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails