Monday, May 30, 2011

thank you really isn't enough

Today is not only a day to be thankful for those who are currently serving in our armed forces, but to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.   It is something near and dear to my heart every day, but today of all days I took the time to stop, reflect and really give thanks.  Thank you, just doesn't seem enough, but it is all I can offer.  As I watched my husband, in his dress blues, and my son, in his cub scout uniform, salute the flag during the national anthem this morning at our local Memorial Day ceremony, tears came to my eyes.  Not tears of sadness, but tears of thanks, remembrance and praise.

Thank you to all who serve and all who have served, and to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Thought I would share this video today it really captures what I am trying to say...no words need to be spoken, it is the little gestures that show your thanks.
(ps...folgers, budweiser and halmark always make me cry!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails