Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tasty Tuesday brings Sweet-and-Sour Pork {Yummo!}

Ok - so I haven't posted since Thursday and I was on a role with these topic things...but I don't have a catchy phrase or theme for Mon, Fri, Sat & Sun - HELP! I need some ideas, inspiration - anything. Plus, I figured I would get some crafty stuff done this past weekend - but nope. I didn't feel well Friday so the kids and I snuggled with books on the couch and the hubby brought home pizza - Saturday we had a Tae Kwan Do tournament so that took all day, but we did get to eat at one of our fav restaurants which is a turn of the century train station, but the trains still run by - the kids love it, and Sunday was Easter so between egg hunts and dinner - there was no crafty time...oh well, have to schedule some extra time in this week.

So today is Tasty Tuesday and do I have some yummies for you! Today's recipe comes from weightwatchers.com, I downloaded it like 3 years ago and on my never ending quest to weed out my cook books and recipes I came across it and decided to try it the other night - this will make it on my recipe rotation it is so good....enjoy!

Sweet and Sour Pork
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
15 oz canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 medium green pepper(s), sliced
1 small onion (s) sliced
3 cups cooked brown rice, kept warm

Instructions:
1) heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
2) Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; removed from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.
3) Drain Pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
4) Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, slat, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
5) Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks, cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice.

Yields about 1 cup of pork and 1/2 cup rice per serving / 6 servings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails