Thursday, April 16, 2009

Therapy Thursday and a good book

Ahhh...Therapy Thursday - my day to share the things that make me relax, unwind, and feel human again. I have been reading ALOT lately, more than I think I ever had before. If you know me or have been reading this blog you know that I am a Twilight addict - actually Twilight is what got me reading again. I blew through Harry Potter a few years back and didn't want to read another series because I was so drawn to those books - so I picked up a few here and there (some good - some not), and then bam...enter the Twilight Saga (which I have read through 3 times and will read again). Since then, I think I have tweaked my style of reading - what I like to read and what I love to read and have found a few good books that I would like to share - so here are my recent recommended reads - I have some on the shelf to read so I will update this list in a week or two.

If you haven't read Twilight yet - don't read any more of my recommendations, go buy the books, get a cup of tea, relax and read!

If you have then here are some others I've enjoyed:

The Host, Stephenie Meyer
Wicked Lovely, Melissa Marr
Ink Exchange, Melissa Marr (not as good as the first, but good)
Peeps, Scott Westerfeld
Uglies, Scott Westerfeld (this is part 1 of 4 - reading the second now)
The Pilot's Wife, Anita Shreve
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Lisa See
Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden
Harry Potter - all of them!, J.K. Rowling


If you read any of these - let me know what you think.

And don't forget that today is HIP HOP Thursday over at Unity. The DT has some great inspiration flowing today...so Hop on over to check it out!

Hopefully I will have some scrappy goodness to share with you this weekend : ) - until next time, Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails