Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm back with Tasty Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! In keeping with my original intentions (ummm weeks ago...) Tuesday means I am bringing you some YUM! I do apologize for my absence, life kind of got in the way...but I am back and committed to posting at least Monday - Thursday. Thanks to my wonderful friend Sarah, Monday will be Mojo Monday....so expect some crafty goodness on Mondays - and I will spatter it throughout the week too - if my schedule allows (ha! ha!). I guess I inspired Sarah to post often too as she will be joining me on my themed posts - so check her out here, she is a great scrapper, stamper, mom, wife and friend - just a wonderful person all around.

Now - on to the YUM factor. I have years (really years...like 8 of them) worth of Cooking Light Magazines in my closet. They are arranged by year and I have tried many of the recipes, but frankly there isn't really any reason for me to have all that clutter (that is just the tip of the clutter iceberg too!). In an effort to make my home clutter free I started going through the magazines, trying the recipes, saving what I need and recycling the rest of the magazine. I figured I would go through by month so I am working on March (done), April (almost) and May so that I am cooking for the season.

Today's recipe is from Cooking Light, April 2003. The recipe is quick and easy and has earned its spot into my recipe rotation (great for busy nights!)

Asian Pork Medallions

I served it with white rice and steamed sugar snap peas and baby carrots.

Yield - 4 servings (serving size: 2 pork medallions and 1 tablespoon sauce)
Ingredients -
Cooking spray
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
Preparation -
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt. Combine garlic, ginger, and oil in a large bowl. Add pork; toss to coat. Add pork to pan; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
Add water and remaining ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Spoon sauce over pork.
Click here for Nutritional Info or to print out the recipe.
I hope you enjoy!
Stay tuned for Wildcard Wednesday tomorrow -
Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails