Thursday, May 14, 2009

Therapy Thursday and some scrappy goodness!

Yeah! I can finally say that I finished a layout! Well, not the first this year, but the first in a while. Finding time to escape and actually scrapbook has been quite a challenge lately. This project has been on my table all week and I have been pecking away at it when I have a few spare moments - I was able to put the finishing touches on it this afternoon.





One of my goals for 2009 was to complete 100 layouts...don't think that is going to happen - but it is still early on in the year. I also have been trying to use up my stash as it has overtaken my little scrapping area and is overflowing everywhere! Sometimes that just seems to hinder my creativity, so I am creating with what I have. The papers, buttons and inks are all CTMH {colors are sweet leaf, vineyard Berry, Cocoa, Colonial White, patterned paper is from Emporium Level 2 Paper Packet (Tulip) and Life Delights Memory Album Kit (Green)}, plus the cute little Creative Clip that I covered with paper and attached a Doodlebugs Charm to. I have also changed the way I scrap. I am playing catch up (aren't we all) and I was trying to go by year, now I just scrap what I want, when I want - or when I find a layout I really want to use - case in point with this one, I saw this layout in CK and had to case it - I changed it a bit (to make it mine), but loved the colors and a few other details...thanks CK for the inspiration!

So Therapy Thursday is all about well, therapy....getting it all out, putting it down and sorting it through...I guess, but I am not ready to go there yet. Yep, I get my therapeutic groove going in many ways...creating, bottles of wine, bubble baths, a clean home, my fav tv shows on DVR, spending time with my kids and my husband. Tonight I had some great Therapy time. It was pizza and a movie night. I snuggled in with the kids, some homemade pizza (we all get exactly what we want on it), a glass of wine and a movie...Beverly Hills Chihuahua. We ate, snuggled and laughed...you know, laughing really is good therapy and brings you closer to those you love. It really was what I needed...and last night, I got my me time, an hour and a half of peace...no kids, no husband, I unplug the phones, take a warm bubble bath with a big glass of wine and a good book...so my therapy this week has been completed, I am recharged, reconnected and ready for the weekend! Yeah!

So, I made it - 3 days in a row. I may post this weekend, but if not, fear not, I will be back on Monday with Mojo Monday.

Til next post -

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails