Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tasty Tuesday...Gearing up for Memorial Day Picnics!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Here I am again this week with some tasty treats for you. I apologize for skipping Mojo Monday, but frankly my mojo has no time to go! I have so many crafty ideas kickin' around in this big head of mine, but finding time (that I am actually awake or able to function) to put them to use is very limited these days, we are so busy! I can say though that I do have some ideas for Wildcard Wednesday and Therapy Thursday, so stay tuned and I promise, the scrappy postings will reappear soon.

For your tasty treat today, I have recipe for y'all to bring to your Memorial Day picnics this weekend. I hesitate on using the word celebration or party, because Memorial Day is actually not a celebratory holiday, it is an observance of those who have given their lives for our country, our freedom and a tribute to all those who are currently serving our country. To observe the day with family and friends is a wonderful tribute, sharing with our loved ones as we remember those who have paid the ultimate price for our ability to do so.

Alright, that was a slight diversion, but it is my blog and well, that is how I feel...so on to the tasty treat...throw out that recipe for boring old potato salad with mayo and enter...


Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Serves 20 Prep 15 min Cook 1 Hr
7 lbs baking potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive oil (for brushing)
2 lbs vacon, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
2 sticks (1/2 lb) butter, softened
2 pints sour cream
Salt and pepper
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Pierce potatoes with a fork; brush with oil. Bake until tender, 1 hour. Let cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. In skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sour cream, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions and cheese. Serve at room temperature.
(recipe from Rachael Ray Magazine...Rachaelraymag.com )
Got to go fold some laundry...so until tomorrow,
Tracy

1 comment:

Sarah E. said...

I love this recipe, thanks for sharing. I missed Tasty Tuesday so I supposed my Wildcard Wednesday will have a recipe in it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails