Monday, April 4, 2011

compromise?

We are in the process of looking for a new family dog.  We lost Sammy almost a year ago and I think we are all ready for a new member of the family.  The problem is we can't decide on what kind to get.  Bob wants another lab.  Sammy was a yellow lab, and I just don't think I can go there...unless maybe it was a chocolate lab, which seems to be the only one we can all comfortably agree on.


The kids and I are pulling for an Old English Sheep dog, but Bob is totally against it.
{source}

I could go for a Golden Doodle.  I am sooo in love with my bloggy friend Meg's dog Waffle.  But the boys don't want a golden doodle and I think Kelsey only agrees with me because having a dog named Waffle is kind of cool.

Now they are trying to convince me that we should get 2 dogs...a big one and a little one.  I really don't think that is going to happen.  I do not want to own a small dog.  I think they are cute, and love to look at them when other people own them, but I am not a small dog owner kind of person.  For me, the bigger the dog, the better.  The bigger, fuzzier, crazier the dog the better (which is why I am so in love with the OES)....when we first started looking I was bent on a Newfoundland...that is my kind of dog.

Kelsey wants a Maltipoo so she can put pink ribbons in its ears...ummm cute, but no.


{source}
 She also wants a bunny and would trade a dog for a bunny eventhough she really wants both.

Since my criteria is for a big dog with large paws and she wants a bunny...I think I found a compromise.

{source}
Seriously, I think a chocolate lab it will be (or maybe a chocolate doodle)...with big furry paws...I'm just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails