Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project Life Week 4: Jan 23 - 29, 2012

The Mom Creative


head on over to The Mom Creative for more PL inspiration every week

Hello Tuesday and hello another week of sharing Project Life.  After a slight glitch this morning with my camera and its stubborness in connecting with the computer (which may or may not have resulted in a few tears and a slight panic attack) I am ready to share Project Life Week 4.  Yes, I am behind but in my book that is ok...I am trucking along and should be caught up in no time.

Week 4 full page with insert:


 Full page with backside of insert:

We had a full weekend this week and I took lots of pictures of our event on Saturday that I wanted to include either in PL or a traditional page.  I decided to do a baseball card protector insert in my PL album because there were far too many photos that I wanted to include even for a traditional page.  I resized the pics to 3x4 in Photoshop using the free template I downloaded from Paislee Press and printed them at CVS.  I just trimmed them to fit and slide them into the protectors.  Not that Liz reads my blog or anything...but I really can't thank her enough for these templates.  I use them all.the.time!

Left side:

Pictures:  my new lover - the kitchen aide mixer, cupcakes, warm weather & melting snow = flooded driveways, and hanging out in the box with dad.

Little bits of life:  an orthodontist referral for the kids

Used:  PL Clementine, cardstock from my stash, silhouette cuts for the title page and really old letter stickers.

Right side:


Pictured:  The kids with Auntie Danielle after her plunge, Danielle's plunge, hot cocoa on a 50 degree day, and pics from the cardboard box race.

Used:  my computer to print the journaling card to talk about the week and the little handcut flag.  The brad is CTMH.

Front of insert:


I had to laugh when I went back into my inspiration file to link back to the post where I first saw this idea.  Jenni Hufford (whose PL rocks!) had used it in her week 4 insert...I didn't realize that I had used the same exact paper, until I went back to grab the shortcut for you all to look at...I really, really, really love her work. (and no...she doesn't read my blog either...but if she did, I would really want her to know how much she inspires me).  The paper is from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Line that came in my February Studio Calico kit Daydream Believer.  The "Love this Life" & that big bracket were cut on my Sihouette.  I layered them with matching green cardstock. The floral paper was also in the SC kit...I love that I don't have to guess about coordinating papers.

 I didn't have any little banners so I hand cut one after printing the "January what???" using the Old Typewriter font on my computer.  I traced it with a black fine tip sharpie (which I now use for all of my hand written journaling) and attached it with a Splendor Designer Brad for CTMH (they are now retired).  I have come to love the look of little bits here and there.

This week:  I plan on putting the finishing touches on Week 5 & start to tackle week 6 - 8.  I am heading back to the gym, working on filing the mountains of paperwork in the office and getting ready for a fairly busy weekend...although relishing the fairly slow week. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I would love for you to say hello.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that insert! I used some Daydream Believer in my PL this week, too! So great that you have so many pics...

Suzanne said...

Wow I love the front of your insert. Beautiful!

Cami said...

I love the insert. So pretty. Lovely pages.
No worries being a tad behind, you'll catch up in no time.

StakiMama said...

Great insert! Will file that one away for future reference. What a great idea to make the title banner, would never have thought of that!

kate adderley said...

hi, wow - love your pages, the insert looks awesome, looks like there was a lot of fun in the snow, what a great week

Chris Coryell said...

Looks great! Love your insert!!

Julie
http://iamjuju.com

Kelli said...

love the chevron insert :) and all the photos on the other side, great capture of your week, great design! Happy Project Life!

Jenni said...

this is so sweet tracy, thanks for your sweet words. LOVE your PL!!! looks awesome! :) xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails