Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nothing says lovin'.....

If you are looking for the CTMH Deal a Day (and some scrappy goodness) please see the post below this one!

You know the saying...Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven....well, my oven has been runeth over with muffins. I got on this muffin kick recently, maybe because I am so hooked on Desperate Housewives that I have watched Seasons 1-3 over the last 2 weeks (rented them from the library and waiting for season 4 to arrive!), or I have finally started going through all my past Cooking Light issues and found some great recipes, I just don't know.

Anyway I started Muffin Mondays for the my husband and the guys in his shop. He works a funny schedule where they are only in every other Monday, so on his work Mondays - they get fresh baked muffins. So for my Tasty Tuesday entry, I thought I would share the recipe my husband requested from his childhood - his mom used to make these bran muffins for him and they are really good. This recipe makes ALOT of muffins, the best part is...the batter stays good in the fridge for 6 weeks! So mix some up today and bake them up fresh each morning!

Six Week Bran Muffins
Mix in a very large bowl or 8 qt kettle the following:
1 box (15 oz or 8 cups) Raisin Bran
3 cups sugar
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
5 cups flour

Add in the following and mix well:
1 qt buttermilk
1 cup oil
4 beaten eggs

Fill cups 1/2 to 2/3 full and bake at 375 for 20 min*. Store remaining batter in fridge for up to 6 weeks. (Note: the recipe calls for 20 min, but mine were done at 15 min. )

Enjoy...they are even better the next day!

Tracy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails