Monday, July 25, 2011

heart 2 heart challenges...sketch challenge

Today is my last post as a guest design team member for Heart 2 Heart Challenges.  I had so much fun playing along with the challenges this month and I am honored to have been asked to join these amazingly creative women.

This week the challenge is a sketch.  As soon as I saw it, my wheels started spinning and my card came together so easily.

Here is the sketch:



and here is what I came up with (originally):


I actually intended to send the card with a gift to a bride to be whose wedding shower I was invited to, but couldn't attend.  Unfortuneatly my puppy liked the card too and ate the button and the corner of the patterned paper off of the card before I could send it (and it was on my desk too!)  I was heart broken, mainly because I loved the card, but also because we were leaving on vacation the next morning and I knew I wouldn't have time to make another.  My sweet son looked at me and said "Mom, you always think of ways to fix things...I know you can fix this"  So, I did...

this is version 2 (post puppy attack):


and a close up of my band aid...I layered 2 big pinks, added a courdery button and trimed flush with the edge of the card...with some really good adhesive to keep it down, no one would ever suspect this card was once Sara's chew toy.


I am not too sure which version I like best!

{love gives us a fairytale} products: (all CTMH unless noted)
cardstock:  Olive
patterned paper:  Mayberry
stamps:  bracket - On This Day; sentiment by Unity Stamp Co.
flowers:  by prima (version 1); Big Pinks (version 2)
brads:  mini medley autumn garden

Be sure to head over to the H2H blog to see what the DT came up with and to play along.

Tracy

1 comment:

Sheila H said...

I would not have thought to use the same patterned paper for the base and the stripes - I like it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails