Tuesday, July 26, 2011

a week in the life - monday

Number of Photos for Monday: 27

I need to start every morning with coffee, then a shower, then more coffee.  I probably drink way too much but it keeps me going through the day and keeps me from snacking.  I enjoy my first cup...quietly...by myself (and now with Sara) in the sunroom or the big chair in the living room.  It is 15 minutes of peace before the craziness that is my day sets in at 6:45.  This is my treat to myself...my me time...enjoying my coffee with steamed milk and cinnamon on top.

I haven't yet decided which, or how many, pictures I will be using in my album, I am sure that will come together next week...until then, here are a few of my favorites from the day:


I take after my mother and have this thing for curled potato chips.  I won't eat any other chips in the bag, just the curled ones and the kids (and Bob) know to hand them over.  I found these 3 when making Bob's lunch this morning and they were just drool worthy.  The temptation to put them in a container and save them until I am ready to eat carbs ago was quite strong, but I resisted and let my dear husband indulge...although I did ask him to savor every bite, as they were very special to me.


JT making breakfast, although his bowl of cereal could realistically count towards lunch and dinner as well.  We don't typically lounge around in Sport Coats, we were on our way to a funeral.

a candid shot in the car.  I have very few pictures of me and this project is aimed at correcting that...once and for all.

Doing some online shopping in an attempt to get my craft room/office organized. 

yes, my eyes are closed.  Yes, my room is a mess...but I absolutely love this picture because what it captures...me laughing, being happy and just enjoying life.  I am pretty sure I was just slathered with puppy kisses, but isn't that what life is all about?

Dinner.  Yeah, my goal back from vacation was to have a home cooked meal on the table every night...tonight it just didn't happen...nothing thawed, running late and didn't get home with the kids from Tae Kwan Do until 7:45...this mama was not cooking then.

Bob playing with Sara, a nightly ritual, those 2 bonding.  She absolutely loves to play & cuddle with her pink dragon. 

Kelsey's usual position throughout the evening.  She is on the phone with her BFF Shannon (whom she was with all day).  They are also on Club Penguin and chatting on Facebook at the same time.

Love this. Always will.

catching up on the 143 blogs that I absolutely love to read.  I am a bit addicted.  Thank goodness they don't all post everyday...I would never get anything done.

I am so glad I have undertaken this project.  I am starting to feel more comfortable with my camera after a day and a half of shooting and I am seeing things in a whole new perspective.  Yes this is everyday life, but it is OUR everyday life, right here, right now.

See you tomorrow with a glimpse at Tuesday.

A Week in the Life is a photography project by Ali Edwards.  For more information, please visit Ali's blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love the one of you and your pup. Very real life and cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo of your potato chips! I am exactly the same. Curled ones are the absolute best :) The shot of you and your pup is just gorgeous as well! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your week!

Maureen said...

Lovely photos, well documenting your day.
And I am an equal opportunity chip eater. I love them ALL. :)

Tara said...

Great photos, I am especially loving your coffee mug.

lindsalita said...

I hear ya on the curled potato chips- YUM! Good thing we are on opposite sides of the US so we don't have to fight over them. =D

Joy said...

I am in love with that coffee cup. Your grin in the puppy kisses picture is making me giggle-I like that one too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails